Pilchuck Glass School Tour [FULL]
W 5/22 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
$65 Members $75 Non-Members
Calling all glass art fans! For one week each spring, Pilchuck Glass School welcomes the public in to tour the scenic, private campus and to watch renowned glass artists at work. On this trip we’ll be given a docent lead tour of the facilities and grounds, have lunch with the artists and get an up close and personal view of the fascinating process of
making glass. Our Docent will also discuss the history of the school and plans for the future. Trip fee is all inclusive.
Rhododendron & Bonsai Gardens
Tu 6/4 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
$6 Members $16 Non-Members
The Rhododendron Species Foundation & Botanical Garden is dedicated to the conservation and public display of
Rhododendron species. Home to one of the largest collections of rhododendrons in the world, the garden displays over 700 of the more than 1,000 species found in the wild. The Pacific Bonsai Museum connects people to nature through the living art of bonsai. The museum has over 150 bonsai and the most diverse public collection in North America. Admission fees not included in trip price.
Olympia Capital Building Tour
W 6/12 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
$18 Members $28 Non-Members
Washington State’s Capital Campus in Olympia serves as both a working governmental center and a symbol of our State’s free and democratic government. The campus is an interesting and beautiful place to visit. Surrounded by
gardens and situated next to Capital Lake, the campus houses all six of our state’s legislative buildings including the majestic rotunda as its centerpiece. Completed in 1928 after six years of construction, the rotunda is made of limestone quarried in Wilkerson, WA. Designed by New York architects Walter Wilder and Harry White it is the tallest free standing masonry dome in North America and houses the world's largest Tiffany chandelier. We’ll visit the Legislative Building and grounds and time permitting take in the Gov’s Mansion. Get a State history lesson as well as a peek at current legislative practices.
Snoqualmie Casino “Fun Trip”
Tu 6/18 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
$4 Members $14 Non-Members
We’re heading off to have some fun in our own backyard.
Snoqualmie Casino offers 1,700 state of the art slot machines and 54 table games including popular EZ Keno! Grab your gambling buddies and join us as we take in a fun afternoon at Snoqualmie Casino. Call 425-888-3434 for info and to reserve your spot.
Travel farther afield with Mt. Si Senior Center and with others through Collette Travel. These group tours are amazing and a portion of the proceeds from your booking comes back to Mt. Si Senior Center.
MSSC TRIP POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Trips must be paid when the reservation is made. We accept cash or checks. We do not accept phone reservations. Sign-up may start early for certain trips, check the trip description at our front desk.
- You may register yourself and other people for any trip. Fees are based on the membership status of each person. All trip fees are due at time of sign-up.
- MSSC members receive preferential rates on trip fees.
- Trip participants are required to provide emergency contact info along with medical information. Forms are sent with the escort so we can act effectively on your behalf in case of an emergency.
- Refunds and credits are not given if the participant cancels their reservation.
- Refunds or credits will be issued if MSSC cancels a trip due to the trip not meeting the minimum number of participants or because of severe weather. Extended trip cancellations may vary. See Program Coordinator.
- Arrive 20 minutes early. We cannot accommodate late arrivals.
- On center trips, center transportation must be taken in both directions. We leave and return as a group.
- SVT can provide transportation to and from MSSC. Please make arrangements through the SVT office.
- Each trip destination may vary in handicapped accessibility and ease of mobility. Participants needing special care are required to bring a chaperone (who must also pay the trip fee). See Program Coordinator.
* See details regarding single room supplement †† Does not include admission fee