Explore: Virtual Trips
Mt. Si Senior Trips:
We know how much you have missed going on trips during the pandemic.
If all goes well, Mt. Si Senior Center will resume our popular trip programs in January 2022.
Please note: All trips starting in 2022 will be utilizing Mt. Si Senior Center's 5-passenger van. Van-only trips are necessary until funding can be secured to purchase a new 14-passenger shuttle. We will keep you updated as this process moves along. Until then, go ahead and live vicariously thru these mesmerizing virtual trips presented by Wanderlust Travel Videos.
Eiffel Tower Paris, 4k Walking Tour by Wanderlust Travel Via Youtube:
Full coverage of the Eiffel Tower from its base to a 360 view on the top floor. This virtual tour includes two 150m elevator ride to the 300-height view deck. You couldn't possibly visit Paris without seeing the Eiffel Tower. Even if you don't want to visit this world famous structure, you will see its top from all over Paris. This video features a walking tour that begins in the surrounding park and features spectacular views. Here is the link to the video: https://bit.ly/39hOGeu
The Colosseum, Narrated Tour of Rome by Wanderlust Travel Via YouTube:
Enjoy this narrated and guided walking tour of the Colosseum in Rome, Italy. This virtual trip is an informative and educational experience like no other.
Here you can visit without buying an airplane ticket!
Inside St. Peter's Basilica and Cupola by Wanderlust Travel Via YouTube
Walking from St. Peter's Square to the Basilica and viewing the interior with its many antiquities and Cupola, the 'dome' has a commanding view overlooking Rome.
St. Peter's is the largest church in existence by interior measure and while it is neither the mother church of the Catholic religion nor the cathedral of the Diocese of Rome, St. Peter's has been described as "the greatest of all churches in Christendom".
Here is the link to watch the video: bit.ly/3hJl8JB
MSSC TRIP POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Trips must be paid when the reservation is made. We accept cash or checks. We do not accept phone reservations. Sign-up may start early for certain trips, check the trip description at our front desk.
- You may register yourself and other people for any trip. Fees are based on the membership status of each person. All trip fees are due at time of sign-up.
- MSSC members receive preferential rates on trip fees.
- Trip participants are required to provide emergency contact info along with medical information. Forms are sent with the escort so we can act effectively on your behalf in case of an emergency.
- Refunds and credits are not given if the participant cancels their reservation.
- Refunds or credits will be issued if MSSC cancels a trip due to the trip not meeting the minimum number of participants or because of severe weather. Extended trip cancellations may vary. See Program Coordinator.
- Arrive 20 minutes early. We cannot accommodate late arrivals.
- On center trips, center transportation must be taken in both directions. We leave and return as a group.
- SVT can provide transportation to and from MSSC. Please make arrangements through the SVT office.
- Each trip destination may vary in handicapped accessibility and ease of mobility. Participants needing special care are required to bring a chaperone (who must also pay the trip fee). See Program Coordinator.