MOHAI Museum’s “First Thursday”
Th 4/4 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
$8 Members $18 Non-Members
Join us as we tour Seattle’s Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI) at its new location in the restored Navel
Reserve Building on Lake Union which housing the largest private heritage organization in Washington State with a collection of over 4 million artifacts that focus on the history of Seattle and the surrounding region. Admission is free on first Thursdays. After touring the exhibits the group will take lunch together at a nearby restaurant.
Skagit Valley Tulip Tour
Tu 4/9 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
$10 Members $20 Non-Members
We’re off on our annual pilgrimage to see the tulip fields of beautiful Skagit County. Whatever you do, don’t forget to bring your camera. Every Spring the fields are incredible to witness and mesmerizing. We will also stop into the historic and scenic town of La Conner for lunch. Everywhere you look on this trip you’ll find a memorable Kodak moment.
Joyce’s Magical Mystery Trip
W 4/17 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
$12 Members $22 Non-Members
This writer knows the destination and itinerary of this trip and wishes she could go along. Go ahead, throw
caution to the wind and take a chance while we travel “somewhere” out there. Lunch will be provided, please dress in layers and wear comfortable walking shoes.
Molbak’s Nursery & Flower World
Th 5/2 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
$8 Members $18 Non-Members
Garden and plant lover are you? Well then, this is the trip for you, we are off to the best destinations in our area for plant-age. To top it off we’ll stop at the Maltby Café for lunch. Wear layers and bring your comfy walking shoes!
Travel farther afield with Mt. Si Senior Center and with others through Collette Travel. These group tours are amazing and a portion of the proceeds from your booking comes back to Mt. Si Senior Center.
America's Music Cities Tour
7 Days from $3,199
Leaves April 7, 2019
Step back in time on a cultural getaway that opens in the "Jazz Capital of the World" - New Orleans! This soulful city abounds with rich history, mouth-watering Cajun and Creole cuisine, and an incomparable soundtrack.
If travelling to beautiful and interesting locations is on your bucket list, then check out this upcoming trip to America's Music Cities, New Orleans, Memphis and Nashville. Consistently rated among the best travel companies in the world, Collette staff are available to answer your travel questions and discuss the side excursions available when you travel Collette. Pick up a brochure, or visit our website: http://www.mtsiseniorcenter.org for more information and for links to Collette's Travel website.
Memphis, Graceland & Musical History
Don your blue suede shoes and visit Elvis' iconic 14-acre estate, Graceland. You will view the place where the "King" and his family lived in opulent, over the top, ostentatious luxury.
Memphis, known as Elvis' final resting place, is a vibrant musical city also world famous for its rich musical heritage and history. Tour the city's many music venues on your own or take an optional musical history tour that includes dinner. It's all up to you!
After enjoying Memphis, we are off to Nashville. Tour the Belle Meade Plantation and indulge yourself with a culinary and wine-tasting experience. Later, you will take your seat at the Grand Ole Opry. What began as a building where a radio show was once broadcasted, has grown to become an entertainment complex that attracts music fans from all over the world. World class accommodations and entertainment await you on this America's Music Cities, Collette Travel experience.
MSSC TRIP POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Trips must be paid when the reservation is made. We accept cash or checks. We do not accept phone reservations. Sign-up may start early for certain trips, check the trip description at our front desk.
- You may register yourself and other people for any trip. Fees are based on the membership status of each person. All trip fees are due at time of sign-up.
- MSSC members receive preferential rates on trip fees.
- Trip participants are required to provide emergency contact info along with medical information. Forms are sent with the escort so we can act effectively on your behalf in case of an emergency.
- Refunds and credits are not given if the participant cancels their reservation.
- Refunds or credits will be issued if MSSC cancels a trip due to the trip not meeting the minimum number of participants or because of severe weather. Extended trip cancellations may vary. See Program Coordinator.
- Arrive 20 minutes early. We cannot accommodate late arrivals.
- On center trips, center transportation must be taken in both directions. We leave and return as a group.
- SVT can provide transportation to and from MSSC. Please make arrangements through the SVT office.
- Each trip destination may vary in handicapped accessibility and ease of mobility. Participants needing special care are required to bring a chaperone (who must also pay the trip fee). See Program Coordinator.
* See details regarding single room supplement †† Does not include admission fee