Explore: Virtual Trips
Road Scholar Virtual Lecture: Quintessential Van Gogh with Matthew Palczynski, PH.D.
Vincent Willem Van Gogh was an impressionist painter who is among the most Influential figures in the history of Western art. Learn why Van Gogh's color is always about setting the mood: www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnaF_cfMvzU&feature=youtu.be
Road Scholar Virtual Lecture: Bird Migration & Peregrine Falcons with Chris Cameron
Learn why birds migrate, where they're going and how they manage these incredible flights:
The Not-for-profit Road Scholar program is the world's largest and most innovative creator of experiential learning opportunities and has guided generations of lifelong learners on transformative learning adventures from San Francisco to Siberia, and nearly everywhere in between.
Road Scholar Virtual Trip: (Part 1) An Introduction to the Great Lakes with Howard Shuster B.SC, B.C.L, LLB
Join speaker Howard Shuster for a virtual overview of these natural wonders: www.youtube.com/watch?v=io0cUzyBnww&list=PLZpGKgsTb6KEz3yRNMtcsbKkTrBoxFjr1&index=38
Road Scholar Virtual Field Trip (Part 2) Invasive Species of the Great Lakes with Howard Shuster B.C.L, LLB
Learn about the invasive plant life and animal species that live in the Great Lakes:www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5l25z44kFE&feature=youtu.be
MSSC TRIP POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Trips must be paid when the reservation is made. We accept cash or checks. We do not accept phone reservations. Sign-up may start early for certain trips, check the trip description at our front desk.
- You may register yourself and other people for any trip. Fees are based on the membership status of each person. All trip fees are due at time of sign-up.
- MSSC members receive preferential rates on trip fees.
- Trip participants are required to provide emergency contact info along with medical information. Forms are sent with the escort so we can act effectively on your behalf in case of an emergency.
- Refunds and credits are not given if the participant cancels their reservation.
- Refunds or credits will be issued if MSSC cancels a trip due to the trip not meeting the minimum number of participants or because of severe weather. Extended trip cancellations may vary. See Program Coordinator.
- Arrive 20 minutes early. We cannot accommodate late arrivals.
- On center trips, center transportation must be taken in both directions. We leave and return as a group.
- SVT can provide transportation to and from MSSC. Please make arrangements through the SVT office.
- Each trip destination may vary in handicapped accessibility and ease of mobility. Participants needing special care are required to bring a chaperone (who must also pay the trip fee). See Program Coordinator.